Friday, May 3, 2013

[Women in Genre, Day 26]

So, Haralambi Markov (aka Harry Markov) has been writing up a series about Women In Genre (you really should go peruse those posts, they are packed full WUNDERBAR.) I was astonished and delighted to discover today that I get a place in this series: Galen Dara and Visions from Beyond. 

Harry says the nicest things, I'll be blushing and fluttery all day.  Stuff like:


"I can best describe her work with the words stylized melancholy, because her illustrations carry an air of sadness and possess a wilting beauty with gothic undertones."
and
 "To a point, I can’t help but be reminded of Stephanie Piu-Mun Law... where Piu-Mun Law draws from nature and light, Dara seeks out the less savory and wholesome in her work, which results in captivating scenes where the outlandish and the bizarre intermingle to breed absurd worlds with wicked inhabitants." 

Thank you Harry! Many blessings from the dark ones upon your head.

*******

And now, just because,  here's some Awesomeness I stumbled on today:
[Egg] by Junko Oki:


That gives me all sorts of shivers of delight. And Junko is amazing, just check out her pintrest boards!

Okay, now, back to work, breeding absurd and wicked things... mwuahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment